Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a la mode....



Today was a beautiful day in Paris. I am starting to think the weather is permanently becoming gorgeous....and I am totally ok with that.

Instead of meeting as a regularly class today, my Haute Couture course met up at Musee de la Mode (A fashion history museum) to see this great exhibit on crinolines of the 1850's and 60's. This is exactly what we're studying right now....so it was great to see real pieces. The gowns were just really amazing....the craftsmenship is so beautiful, and the dresses were HUGE with the tiniest waists I have ever seen. I'm convinved women just did not eat in the 1860's....not possible with corsets laced that tight. But any hoot....it was a beautiful exhibit and made what is usually a rather dullllllll class really interesting and cool. They had jewelry, bonnets, shoes, and all other kinds of little pieces that were cool to see. 

After class my roommate Jessie and I went to the Latin Quarter, my new favorite place on earth, and wandered around. There is this little street full of amazing creperies, and I had my first ever savory crepe. Usually I opt for nutella/banana.....but today I decided to be wild. I had a pretty fantastic chicken/tomato/olive/mushroom crepe--and I plan to take my mom there for the same thing next week! So...we wandered around and people watched, did some window shopping (or real shopping.....) and got to practice plenty of french with the store owners. I actually went into a dressing room to try a shirt on, and when I came out two other french girls were standing in front of the mirror wearing the same shirt. It was pretty funny--and the store owner thought it was....the funniest thing in the world.

Thats about it for this day in the life.......working on planning my Greece itinerary for April, and all booked up and going to Amsterdam April 3rd....but I probably already said that.

Peace and love!

PS
If any Chi Omegas are reading this--I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! KATE MARCHETTI I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS SO THIS IS MY PERSONAL SHOUT OUT TO YOU SISTA! xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment